My creative space…

April 16, 2009 27 Comments by Kirsty

is looking very square isn’t it?

Despite feeling that I’m totally over brown I’m keeping going with the granny squares. If you’re a lover/maker of granny squares you might like to join in with this.

Also square…

Lovely fabric picked up at the Ocean Grove Op Shop. I got a lovely big bag full of goodness for next to nix. Out of town Op Shops really are the best.

Thanks for playing nicely while I was away last week.

Pop in and add your link if you’re playing along this week.

27 Comments

1. edward and lilly
    5 years ago

I’m loving your brown grannies. I don’t know how to crochet but it’s time I learnt and granny square a day might be a good opportunity!

2. Bohemian Gypsy
    5 years ago

I absolutely love the brownness of your squares Kirsty. Can’t wait to see it finished I so hope you will take photos of it and put it on your blog. Thanks for commenting on my card creation yesterday too.
    Regards
    Michelle M

3. Maureen
    5 years ago

I like that fabric. Your squares are coming along but I’ve never liked the way fingers and toes get caught in the holes of granny squares. That’s just me I think.

4. CurlyPops
    5 years ago

Brown is such a lovely colour, especially when we’re moving towards winter. Imagine just how snuggly your blankie will be!

5. handmaiden
    5 years ago

I still have not got into crocheting….not my thing yet!

6. Leslie
    5 years ago

I really need to crochet. I got a thousand books from my grandfather when my grandma passed away. I just need to sit down and learn. I love the browns!

7. Michelle
    5 years ago

I think your granny squares are pretty fab too. That will be a beautiful place to snuggle in the winter.

8. Penny
    5 years ago

Hey Kirsty. Love the squares – ALL of them. Perhaps you should get your daughter helping with the Afghan!

9. Sophie Isobel
    5 years ago

It is indeed the season for granny squares. I’m in all white granny square mania. I love the colours you have chosen, can’t wait to see it finished! How exciting!
    Sophie x

10. littlelovelies
    5 years ago

I can’t resist looking in the fabric baskets at the charity shops – you can find the best bargains!

x nadine
    little lovelies

11. Megan.K.
    5 years ago

Can’t wait to see your finished granny rug – I’m loving the earthy brown tones you have chosen.
    x

12. sophie
    5 years ago

Granny squares are always going to be cool!

13. Kellie
    5 years ago

Wow – so many creative people dropping by. I can’t use a needle for anything (except maybe play a record!) but I am in awe.

14. Jeana Marie
    5 years ago

hi! great fabric finds – out of town op shops are the best.

15. Cassandra Allen
    5 years ago

Nice to be involved in another fun project of yours!

16. Tweed Delights
    5 years ago

Lovely ‘Granny Squares’ – would love to have the patience to do them, but . . . The colours are fab : )

17. ArtMind
    5 years ago

Ohh, I think I need a granny square blanket soon! I just started to learn how to crochet so this might be a fun project to do over summer!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely creative space again! :)

18. Courtney
    5 years ago

blankets are taking over the worldddd and thats such a good thing!@!

sorry about the double post on the add me thing, for some reason the first address took people to an ad page! fixed now, computers annoy me sometimes lol
    xx Courtney

19. Sherrin
    5 years ago

Hooray for out of town op-shops!! I need a road trip for some good opping… the city ones are mostly picked clean.

20. thetwowindmills
    5 years ago

Your granny squares are very nice, and I love the brown you’ve chosen its so nice and soft. I have no patience (or time) for crochet but love granny square rugs. I’ll join in the creative space fun. Thanks Kirsty

21. Robyn
    5 years ago

I have granny squares envy :-)
    I’m trying to make time to learn how to do it…. am just a little caught up with knitting a trillion scarves :-)

best wishes and keep up those wonderful squares…
    Ribbon

22. Cindy
    5 years ago

I thought it was hip to be square? I love the fabric finds too.

23. bec
    5 years ago

mmm, love op shop fabric goodness, I think any op shop is good, as I haven’t been to too many out of town ones. Loving the granny squares, they look great.

24. Chi Designs
    5 years ago

oh, i found some fabric op-shopping too! i had never really thought of buying unused material this way before but found a huge stash last weekend. :)

(i love this meme, btw!)

25. Jenifir
    5 years ago

I wish I had learned to crochet when My Grandmother tried to teach me. I am so inspired by what I see in the blogworld. Inspiration comes in many forms.

26. Fine Hand
    5 years ago

I would love to learn to crochet…brown is such a natural earthy color perfect for a cozy blanket!

27. Cassandra
    5 years ago

thanks for helping me get another post up on my blog! Love your projects. Go the crotchet grannies!