If you’re on Twitter (which I hardly ever am) you’d know all about my frustration with the blog yesterday…it was broken…I couldn’t post…I couldn’t even see the damn blog.
Anyway, in my steam-coming-out-of-ears haste to get the post up yesterday before the whole blog blew up in my face I left off a few(!!) rather significant (& helpful) details…geez Kirst…I think you’ve kind of lost sight of what this space was/is really all about.
Giving each other a hand…having a crack…trying new stuff…& maybe…sometimes…inspiring others to look at things a little differently.
OK…so the vintagey, picnicky bit of deliciousness from yesterday was hooked from a pattern found in 7 day afghans (mine is the 2004 version). The pattern is called perfect plaid. Here’s a link to the book from Delightful Books & Crafts. These guys deserve the sale in my opinion…purely for the name of their store!
I didn’t actually follow the pattern though. It seems that they may have confused the two colours in the writing up of the pattern. I just did what my eyes told me by looking at the finished blanket in the picture.
I used Ella Rae Classic Superwash. The ladies at The Wool Shop advised it is about a 10ply. I purchased 6 balls of the pale grey, 4 balls of the dark grey & 2 balls of the green. I’ve got plenty left over BUT I’m cool with that – I’m going to make a few pom poms for pip. My finished blanket measures about 1 metre square. I’m happy with the width but should have used up a bit more yarn on the length because the stage 2 of the construction pulls everything in quite a lot!
I chose the yarn for a number of reasons…
- colour range
- size of ball – 100gm & 200metres (anything to avoid end weaving)
I used a 6.5mm hook for the mesh & then a 9.00mm hook for the chaining.
Hope this helps you out! Thanks for appreciating the blanket & for keeping me true to what it’s all about & reminding me this is a space I love & am proud of. x